These were so freaking good, we had them for dinner, then breakfast as shown here.
These will also freeze well with just the beans and cheese. To use, thaw in the refrigerator, or cook on low-medium heat. Add slaw mixture.
Source Source: Adapted from Bon Appetit, recipe by Smitten Kitchen
PrintBlack Bean and Feta Cheese Soft Tacos
- Ingredients1 15-ounce can black beans, drained
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 5 tsp olive oil, divided 2 Tbs (or more) fresh lime juice
- 2 cups coleslaw mix or shredded cabbage
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 white or yellow corn tortillas
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
Hot sauce (optional)
How to Do It:Drain and rinse beans and place into a bowl. Crush partially with a potato masher. Add cumin, salt and pepper. Taste for seasoning.
Add lime juice and olive oil to a bowl – whisk to mix. Add coleslaw, green onions, and cilantro and toss to coat. Check your salt seasoning.
Heat non-stick pan to medium – spray with cooking spray or olive oil mister.
Spoon bean mixture into cooked flour tortilla, add some feta, and cook on both sides until tortilla is crispy. Off heat, add slaw and salsa if you desire.