- 1 Cup Zucchini, Grated
- 1 1/2 Cups Bananas, Mashed
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 Cup Quick-cooking Oatmeal
- 1/2 Cup Walnuts, Chopped
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
Nutella Frosting Directions
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted, Room Temperature Butter
- Cream Cheese, Softened To Room Temperature
- 1/3 Cup Nutella
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 Cups Of Confectioners’ Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Of Milk Or Cream
How to Do It:Muffin Directions
Oven at 350°F. Spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. Mash banana, and grate the zucchini, then mix together. Add to that, the egg and the applesauce, combining well. In a seperate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, oatmeal, salt and walnuts.
Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, stirring until just combined, careful not to overmix. Bake 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment beat together the butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add the Nutella, salt, and vanilla extract; Beat until well combined. Turn mixer to low, and slowly begin to add the confectioners’ sugar. (I added mine in 1/2 cup increments.) Once each addition has dispersed into the butter mixture, increase the speed to medium and beat until well combined before adding the next. Decorate as desired.