- 1 pound baking potatoes, cubed
- 2 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 2 teaspoons reduced-calorie margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 4 teaspoons bottled real bacon bits
- Place potato cubes in a medium saucepan; cover with water, and bring to a boil.
- Cook 15 minutes or until very tender; drain. Return potatoes to pan, and mash to desired consistency. Add milk, margarine, salt, and pepper; stir well. Cook over medium heat until thoroughly heated, stirring frequently.
- Ladle soup into individual bowls; top with green onions and bacon bits.
- Serving size: 2 cups soup, 2 tablespoons green onions, and 2 teaspoons bacon bits
- Recipe reprinted by permission of © Cooking Light Magazine. All rights reserved.